- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
An electrician gets killed at work
An electrician died from electrocution at Narasinghapur Sarkar market area in the upazila on Saturday.
The deceased was identified as Siddiqur Rahman, 19, a local electrician, son of Md Abdul Hai of Baniakhali village in Sarankhola upazila of Bagerhat district.
Lokman Hossain, sub-inspector of Ashulia Police Station said we made primary post-mortem report and suspect that Siddiqur might have died from electrocution.
The body was handed over to his family members as there were no objections from the family, SI added.