- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
- Moosa to be blocked from leaving country
- Ex-UP member hacked dead in Pabna
- Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights: PM
An electrician gets killed at work
An electrician died from electrocution at Narasinghapur Sarkar market area in the upazila on Saturday.
The deceased was identified as Siddiqur Rahman, 19, a local electrician, son of Md Abdul Hai of Baniakhali village in Sarankhola upazila of Bagerhat district.
Lokman Hossain, sub-inspector of Ashulia Police Station said we made primary post-mortem report and suspect that Siddiqur might have died from electrocution.
The body was handed over to his family members as there were no objections from the family, SI added.