- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
DMP arranges tight security for Aug 15
Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) commissioner Mohammad Asaduzzaman Miah on Sunday said that tight security arrangements have been taken in and around the city marking the National Mourning Day on August 15.
Security measures have been beefed up at Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at Dhanmondi 32 and Banani Graveyard in the city, the DMP boss said while addressing a press conference after inspecting the security measurement at Dhanmondi 32.
The areas in and around the Bangabandhu Memorial Museum and Banani Graveyard will be brought under CCTV surveillance system and real time monitoring, Miah said, adding, plainclothes detectives will be deployed in the areas to ward off any untoward incident.
Several check posts will be set up around Dhanmondi 32 and the visitors have to go through the archways to enter the area, he added.
“River police and members of Fire Service and Civil Defense will be patrolling at Dhanmondi Lake. Every residence in and around Dhanmondi 32 will be brought under the purview of search,” Miah said.
The DMP commissioner asked the city dwellers to enter Dhanmondi 32 maintaining discipline and not to carry any types of bag, vanity bags, food carriers, explosive substances and sharp materials.