- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
3 killed as lorry overturns on pothole-riddled road
Three people were killed as a container lorry overturned and rammed a CNG-run auto-rickshaw on Nimtola Biswa road in Bandar thana on Sunday morning.
The deceased are driver of the auto-rickshaw and two of its passengers.
Details could not be known immediately as rescue operation was still underway.
Mainul Hasan, officer-in-charge of Bandar Police Station, said the lorry turned turtle as its driver lost control over the steering for pothole-riddled road and rammed the three-wheeler around 11:00 am, leaving three people dead on the spot.
The death toll from the accident may rise as the auto-rickshaw remained pinned under the container lorry, the OC added.