- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
3 killed as lorry overturns on pothole-riddled road
Three people were killed as a container lorry overturned and rammed a CNG-run auto-rickshaw on Nimtola Biswa road in Bandar thana on Sunday morning.
The deceased are driver of the auto-rickshaw and two of its passengers.
Details could not be known immediately as rescue operation was still underway.
Mainul Hasan, officer-in-charge of Bandar Police Station, said the lorry turned turtle as its driver lost control over the steering for pothole-riddled road and rammed the three-wheeler around 11:00 am, leaving three people dead on the spot.
The death toll from the accident may rise as the auto-rickshaw remained pinned under the container lorry, the OC added.