- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
3 killed as lorry overturns on pothole-riddled road
Three people were killed as a container lorry overturned and rammed a CNG-run auto-rickshaw on Nimtola Biswa road in Bandar thana on Sunday morning.
The deceased are driver of the auto-rickshaw and two of its passengers.
Details could not be known immediately as rescue operation was still underway.
Mainul Hasan, officer-in-charge of Bandar Police Station, said the lorry turned turtle as its driver lost control over the steering for pothole-riddled road and rammed the three-wheeler around 11:00 am, leaving three people dead on the spot.
The death toll from the accident may rise as the auto-rickshaw remained pinned under the container lorry, the OC added.