- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
HC defers N'ganj 7-murder verdict till Aug 22
The High Court deferred the announcement of its verdict on the death reference and appeals of the death-row convicts in the Narayanganj sensational seven-murder cases till August 22.
A two-member HC bench comprising Justice Bhabani Prasad Singha and Justice Mustafa Zaman Islam on Sunday morning re-fixed the date.
The verdict on the death reference and appeals of the death-row convicts in the Narayanganj sensational seven-murder cases appeared on Sunday’s cause list of the High Court Division of the Supreme Court, said sources at the court.
Earlier on July 26, the HC bench fixed August 13 for delivering its verdict on completion of the hearing from both the prosecution and defence sides.
The HC started hearing on the death reference and appeals on May 22, filed by 26 condemned convicts in two cases filed over the seven-murder incident.