- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
30 villages flooded in Netrakona
The water of the Someshwari River has been flowing 150 centimetres over the danger mark due to the incessant rainfall for the last couple of days and onrush of water from the upstream, leaving more than 30 villages in Durgapur upazila inundated.
Residents of those areas have been passing measurable lives as roads have gone under water.
All educational institutions of the affected areas have been submerged while several fisheries have washed away by the floodwaters.
Durgapur upazila agriculture officer Omar Faruk said around 500 hectares of paddy field will be damaged if the water level increases.
The district administration has already taken all necessary initiatives to combat the flood situation, said upazila nirbahi officer M Mamunur Rashid.