- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
BCL Hands over 7 DU students to police
Ruling Awami League Students Wing Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) handed over seven students of Dhaka University (DU) to police for their alleged involvement with Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir.
BCL DU Unit Leaders and activists rounded them up from different halls of the university on Saturday night and handed over to police after beating them up.
The seven suspected Shibir men are Zillur Rahman, Mahbub Alam and Nazmul Hasan from Sir AF Rahman Hall, Emon Hossain and Raihan from Masterda Surja Sen Hall, Al Amin Hawladar from Bijay Ekattar Hall and Manirul Islam from Zia Hall.
Manirul sustained serious injuries after BCL men roughly beat him up in the dormitory room and later taken to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) in a critical condition.
Abul Hasan, acting officer-in-charge of Shahbagh police station, said seven DU students were handed over to police station as suspected Shibir men. We will take steps about them after investigation.
BCL DU Unit General Secretary Motahar Hossain Prince told UNB, “They were suspected involved with Shibir and militant outfits. BCL activists and general students identified them and handed over to police on Saturday night.”