- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
BCL Hands over 7 DU students to police
Ruling Awami League Students Wing Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) handed over seven students of Dhaka University (DU) to police for their alleged involvement with Bangladesh Islami Chhatra Shibir.
BCL DU Unit Leaders and activists rounded them up from different halls of the university on Saturday night and handed over to police after beating them up.
The seven suspected Shibir men are Zillur Rahman, Mahbub Alam and Nazmul Hasan from Sir AF Rahman Hall, Emon Hossain and Raihan from Masterda Surja Sen Hall, Al Amin Hawladar from Bijay Ekattar Hall and Manirul Islam from Zia Hall.
Manirul sustained serious injuries after BCL men roughly beat him up in the dormitory room and later taken to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) in a critical condition.
Abul Hasan, acting officer-in-charge of Shahbagh police station, said seven DU students were handed over to police station as suspected Shibir men. We will take steps about them after investigation.
BCL DU Unit General Secretary Motahar Hossain Prince told UNB, “They were suspected involved with Shibir and militant outfits. BCL activists and general students identified them and handed over to police on Saturday night.”