- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Army man arrested over wife’s alleged murder
An army officer’s wife’s body was recovered on Monday morning from their house at Betagi union of Rangunia upazila in the district.
Officer-in-Charge of Rangunia Police Station Imtiaz Bhuiyan identified the victim as Rumi Barua, 24, wife of Army personnel Rinku Barua.
The OC quoting the locals said Rinku allegedly stabbed his wife to death over a family feud early Monday.
Police also arrested Rinku from the spot, he said.