- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Quader informs President about his meeting with CJ
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader on Monday met President Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban and informed him about his meeting with Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha.
“Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader met the Chief Justice at his residence on Saturday when he conveyed their party’s position on the observations made in the Supreme Court verdict over the 16th amendment annulment,” Senior Information Officer of the Road Transport and Bridges Ministry Abu Naser told UNB.
He also said Quader met the President to inform him about his meeting with the Chief Justice.
On Saturday, the ruling party general secretary met SK Sinha and conveyed their stance on some observations made in the Appellate Division's verdict that upheld a High Court’s judgment scrapping the 16th amendment to the Constitution.