- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Quader informs President about his meeting with CJ
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader on Monday met President Abdul Hamid at Bangabhaban and informed him about his meeting with Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha.
“Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader met the Chief Justice at his residence on Saturday when he conveyed their party’s position on the observations made in the Supreme Court verdict over the 16th amendment annulment,” Senior Information Officer of the Road Transport and Bridges Ministry Abu Naser told UNB.
He also said Quader met the President to inform him about his meeting with the Chief Justice.
On Saturday, the ruling party general secretary met SK Sinha and conveyed their stance on some observations made in the Appellate Division's verdict that upheld a High Court’s judgment scrapping the 16th amendment to the Constitution.