- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Govt out to stage drama over SC verdict: Fakhrul
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir on Monday alleged that the government is trying to stage a drama over the Supreme Court’s verdict that revoked the 16th constitutional amendment.
“The government is desperate to stage a drama over the 16th amendment verdict as it has exposed that Awami League has no legitimacy to stay in power. It has also clearly manifested that the party has no moral ground to run the government,” he said.
Fakhrul came up with the remarks while talking to journalists during his visit to different flood-affected areas in the district.
The BNP leader said their party considers the apex court’s verdict as a historical and significant document as it has revealed the truth and the ruling party’s true colour.
He said it is Awami League’s old habit to oppose the court verdict which goes against its interests. “We strongly condemn the Awami League’s efforts to stir a controversy over the Supreme Court’s 16th amendment judgment,” Fakhrul said.