- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
34 ‘Shibir’ activists sued in Islamic University
Islamic University, BdChronicle:
The authorities of Islamic University (IU) in Kushtia filed a case against 34 members of Islami Chhatra Shibir’s IU unit with the IU Police Station on Monday.
Raton Sheikh, officer-in-charge of IU Police Station told UNB that the university proctor Prof Dr M Mahbubar Rahman filed the case against 34 Shibir leaders and activists including its president and secretary, as the law-enforcement agencies recovered cocktails, patrol bombs and some sharp weapons from different rooms of Saddam Hossain Hall.
The proctor also filed another case with the police station against 30 unidentified persons under Explosive Substance Act, the OC added.
IU proctor Prof Dr M Mahbubar Rahman said that they filed the case on the recovery of explosive materials.
On Sunday, police arrested two Shibir men from in front of Saddam Hossain Hall and recovered the explosive materials.