- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
34 ‘Shibir’ activists sued in Islamic University
Islamic University, BdChronicle:
The authorities of Islamic University (IU) in Kushtia filed a case against 34 members of Islami Chhatra Shibir’s IU unit with the IU Police Station on Monday.
Raton Sheikh, officer-in-charge of IU Police Station told UNB that the university proctor Prof Dr M Mahbubar Rahman filed the case against 34 Shibir leaders and activists including its president and secretary, as the law-enforcement agencies recovered cocktails, patrol bombs and some sharp weapons from different rooms of Saddam Hossain Hall.
The proctor also filed another case with the police station against 30 unidentified persons under Explosive Substance Act, the OC added.
IU proctor Prof Dr M Mahbubar Rahman said that they filed the case on the recovery of explosive materials.
On Sunday, police arrested two Shibir men from in front of Saddam Hossain Hall and recovered the explosive materials.