- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
BFF observes Nat’l Mourning Day
Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) observed the National Mourning Day on Tuesday marking the 42nd martyrdom anniversary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
The BFF arranged a Qurankhwani at its office in the morning and later distributed food among the poor and destitute.
Youth and Sports Secretary of the ruling Awami League Harun-ur-Rashid, BFF Senior Vice-president Abdus Salam Murshedy, BFF members Amirul Islam Babu, Fazlur Rahman Babul, Iqbal Hossain and Mahfuza Akhter Kiron were present.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh Chess Federation and Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club also observed the day with various programmes that included Qurankhani, milad mahfil and distribution of food among the poor at their respective offices.
Players and officials prayed for eternal peace and salvation of the departed soul of Father of Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the martyrs of August 15, 1975.