- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
BFF observes Nat’l Mourning Day
Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) observed the National Mourning Day on Tuesday marking the 42nd martyrdom anniversary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
The BFF arranged a Qurankhwani at its office in the morning and later distributed food among the poor and destitute.
Youth and Sports Secretary of the ruling Awami League Harun-ur-Rashid, BFF Senior Vice-president Abdus Salam Murshedy, BFF members Amirul Islam Babu, Fazlur Rahman Babul, Iqbal Hossain and Mahfuza Akhter Kiron were present.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh Chess Federation and Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club also observed the day with various programmes that included Qurankhani, milad mahfil and distribution of food among the poor at their respective offices.
Players and officials prayed for eternal peace and salvation of the departed soul of Father of Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the martyrs of August 15, 1975.