- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Islami Bank observes Nat’l Mourning Day
Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited observed the National Mourning Day on Tuesday in a befitting manner, marking the 42nd martyrdom anniversary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
The day’s programmes included placing wreaths at Bangabandhu's portrait in Dhanmondi 32 and a discussion and prayer session at the bank’s head office.
IBBL Chairman Arastoo Khan, Chairman of its Audit Committee Dr Md Zillur Rahman, Chairman of Risk Management Committee Shamim Mohammad Afzal, and bank directors Prof Dr Md Sirajul Karim, Helal Ahmed Chowdhury Md Joynal Abedin, Md Mizanur Rahman, Prof Dr Kazi Shahidul Alam, Borhan Uddin Ahmed and Syed Abu Asad spoke on the occasion.
Member Secretary of the Shariah Supervisory Committee Dr Mohammad Abdus Samad conducted a doa mahfil seeking a long life of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and eternal peace of the departed souls of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the martyrs of the August 15, 1975 massacre.
Presided over by IBBL Managing Director and CEO Md Abdul Hamid Miah, the programme was also addressed by Additional Managing Director Md Mahbub-ul-Alam and Deputy Managing Director Abu Reza Md. Yeahia.
The meeting discussed different capacities and extensive life of Bangabandhu.
Besides, 326 branches and 16 zonal offices of the bank organised discussion meetings and prayer sessions on the occasion.