- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Stand beside flood-hit people, Khaleda asks BNP followers
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Wednesday called upon her party leaders and activists to come forward immediately in the aid of the flood victims at different parts of the country without waiting for the ‘corrupt government’s pity’.
“Flood-hit people can’t be left at the mercy of a corrupt govt. I ask everyone, especially BNP leaders & activists, to urgently help them,” she said in a twitter message.
Besides, BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi said their chairperson sent out an emergency message from London asking party leaders and activists to visit the flood-hit areas immediately with relief materials.
He said the BNP chief gave the directive as the government is not taking any effective steps to relieve the sufferings of flood-hit people instead of giving only lip services.
At least 33 people were killed and several lakh remained marooned as a severe flood hit the country due to the onrush of water from the upstream and incessant rain.