- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Stand beside flood-hit people, Khaleda asks BNP followers
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Wednesday called upon her party leaders and activists to come forward immediately in the aid of the flood victims at different parts of the country without waiting for the ‘corrupt government’s pity’.
“Flood-hit people can’t be left at the mercy of a corrupt govt. I ask everyone, especially BNP leaders & activists, to urgently help them,” she said in a twitter message.
Besides, BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi said their chairperson sent out an emergency message from London asking party leaders and activists to visit the flood-hit areas immediately with relief materials.
He said the BNP chief gave the directive as the government is not taking any effective steps to relieve the sufferings of flood-hit people instead of giving only lip services.
At least 33 people were killed and several lakh remained marooned as a severe flood hit the country due to the onrush of water from the upstream and incessant rain.