- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
24 including BNP backed former lawmaker held in Dhaka
The law enforcers on Sunday arrested 24 peoples including opposition BNP backed former lawmaker from different parts of the city.
Around 11am police arrested three leaders of the Jatiyatabadi Mahila Dal, female wing of the opposition BNP from capital’s Nayapalton BNP office premises. The detain leaders identified as former lawmaker Raushan Ara Farid, central committee member Sadia Haque and Jannatul Ferdous.
Besides that police also arrested more than 15 others people from the press club area in suspicion as opposition BNP-Jamaat activists. Later on they were detained at Ramna Police Station.
Around 11.15am police picked up another four people from Malibag rail crossing area while Jamaat-Shibir activists brought out a procession there.
Earlier at 10.15am police also nabbed another two from Bijoynagar Nightingale intersection during capturing photograph. However they identified them as journalist but police arrested them and kept them at Palton Police station.
Assistant Commissioner of Ramna zone police Shibli Noman confirmed the arrest and said due to ensure security the law enforcers picked up them from the spots.
Meanwhile to foil the BNP-led 18 party alliance’s program ‘March for Democracy’ the law enforcers conducted continuous drive for three days before. Besides that the ruling Awami League party activists also claim seize the entrance points of the city and clashed with the journalists at National Press Club.