- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
Three departments’ names changed at IU
Islamic University, BdChronicle:
Islamic University (IU) authorities changed the names for three academic departments on Wednesday.
The decision was taken at its 111th academic council meeting with IU vice-chancellor Prof Dr M Harun-Ur-Rashid Askari in the chair.
Among others, IU Pro-VC Prof Dr M Shahinoor Rahman, Treasurer Prof Dr M Selim Toha, IU acting registrar SM Abdul Latif, various faculty deans, departmental chairmen and professors attended at the meeting.
IU acting registrar SM Abdul Latif said they have changed the name of the ‘Law and Muslim Jurisprudence’ department into Department of Law; Al-Fiqh department’s name to Legal Studies; and previously Applied Physics, Electronics and Communication Engineering into the new Electrical and Electronics Department.