- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Three departments’ names changed at IU
Islamic University, BdChronicle:
Islamic University (IU) authorities changed the names for three academic departments on Wednesday.
The decision was taken at its 111th academic council meeting with IU vice-chancellor Prof Dr M Harun-Ur-Rashid Askari in the chair.
Among others, IU Pro-VC Prof Dr M Shahinoor Rahman, Treasurer Prof Dr M Selim Toha, IU acting registrar SM Abdul Latif, various faculty deans, departmental chairmen and professors attended at the meeting.
IU acting registrar SM Abdul Latif said they have changed the name of the ‘Law and Muslim Jurisprudence’ department into Department of Law; Al-Fiqh department’s name to Legal Studies; and previously Applied Physics, Electronics and Communication Engineering into the new Electrical and Electronics Department.