- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
JaPa now a ‘big factor’: Ershad
Jatiya Party Chairman HM Ershad on Thursday said his party has now become a big factor in national politics as no party will be able to go to power without its cooperation.
“Once there had been efforts to eliminate Jatiya Party, but it ultimately turned into abortive one. Now Jatiya Party is not what it was in the past. It’s now a big factor in politics. Neither there’ll be any election without us no one will be able to go to power without us,” he said.
He came up with the remarks while distributing relief materials among flood victims at Charpakhimari union in Sadar upazila.
Ershad, also a former president, said they are making the party stronger as now there is a bright prospect for it to return to power with people’s votes.
“BNP had tortured us badly, but they’re now in a delicate condition. They’re getting punished by Allah for repressing us,” he observed.
The Jatiya Party chief alleged that the flood victims are now in untold miseries as they are not getting adequate relief materials. “The government should take more sincere and effective steps to ensure enough relief and supports for the victims.”
Party secretary general ABM Ruhul Amin Hawlader and district unit Jatiya party general secretary Shafiqul Islam Thanda also spoke at the programme.
Later, each of the 500 flood victims was provided with 5 kg rice, one kg salt and half kg pulse.