- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
BNP accuses govt of creating volatile situation
BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir on Friday alleged that the government is deliberately trying to create a volatile situation in the country to ‘perpetuate’ its power.
“Khairul Haque has destroyed the country’s democratic and constitutional systems during his tenure as the Chief Justice. He gave the 15th amendment verdict before the 13th amendment pushing the country towards instability, anarchy and uncertainty,” he said.
Speaking at a discussion, the BNP leader further said, ‘Now, I think the government is intentionally trying to create a volatile situation in the country to cling onto power.”
National Democratic Party (NDP), one of the components of the BNP-led 20-party alliance, organised the programme at Dhaka Reporters Unity (DRU), marking the 9th death anniversary of former Information Minister Anwar Zahid.