- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
2 Jubo League men hacked injured by rivals in Jessore
Two leaders of Jubo League were hacked to injuries in Monihar area of Sadar upazila on Friday night.
The injured were Ashok Bose, convener of upazila unit of Jubo league and another leader Selim Reza Palash.
Azmal Huda, officer-in-charge of Kotowali Police Station, said that Paribahan Sramik League arranged a programme in the area marking National Mourning Day on August 16 where Kazi Nabil Ahmed, a member of parliament, attended as chief guest and Shahidul Islam Milon, president of district Awami League also joined the programme.
On the other hand, rival group of AL arranged another programme on Saturday in the area where Shahin Chaklader, general secretary of district unit AL, was supposed to attend.
The followers of MP vandalised stage of the programme at night.
In retaliation, followers of Chaklader conducted a search in the area and attacked the MP’s followers.
At that time, they hacked Ashok and Palash, leaving them injured.