- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
2 Jubo League men hacked injured by rivals in Jessore
Two leaders of Jubo League were hacked to injuries in Monihar area of Sadar upazila on Friday night.
The injured were Ashok Bose, convener of upazila unit of Jubo league and another leader Selim Reza Palash.
Azmal Huda, officer-in-charge of Kotowali Police Station, said that Paribahan Sramik League arranged a programme in the area marking National Mourning Day on August 16 where Kazi Nabil Ahmed, a member of parliament, attended as chief guest and Shahidul Islam Milon, president of district Awami League also joined the programme.
On the other hand, rival group of AL arranged another programme on Saturday in the area where Shahin Chaklader, general secretary of district unit AL, was supposed to attend.
The followers of MP vandalised stage of the programme at night.
In retaliation, followers of Chaklader conducted a search in the area and attacked the MP’s followers.
At that time, they hacked Ashok and Palash, leaving them injured.