- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
Bourses end week in red
Share price index at the country’s both bourses – Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) and Chittagong Stock Exchange – ended the week in red on Thursday though first trading day witnessed gain.
The total turnover at the DSE, the prime bourse, was Tk 2,446.41 crore, against last week’s total turnover Tk 4,879.45 crore.
Besides, the daily average turnover at the DSE was Tk 815.47 crore, a decrease by 16.44 percent, while last week’s average turnover was Tk 975.89 crore.
Meanwhile, average trade volume decreased by 28.3 percent and total number of trades decreased by 44.8 percent.
This week only had three trading days. On the first day, index gained 19.79 points.
However, during the remaining two days, index closed red with combined index loss of 0.48 points.