- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
46,664 pilgrims yet to travel to Saudi: Biman
Some 46,664 Bangladeshi pilgrims are yet to travel to Saudi Arabia to perform this year’s hajj, according to Biman Bangladesh Airlines Ltd.
A total of 80,664 hajj pilgrims flied for Saudi Arabia till Saturday morning, said Shakil Meraj, General Manager (PR) of the national flag carrier.
Of them, 39,081 were carried by Biman Bangladesh Airlines while 41,583 by Saudi Airlines, he said, adding that Biman will operate six hajj flights, including one from Chittagong, by 8am on Sunday.
Shakil Meraj also said no Biman flight was cancelled today. “Biman has so far cancelled 24 hajj flights.”
Some 127,198 pilgrims are scheduled to perform hajj from Bangladesh this year under government and private managements.