- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
2 BCL men hurt in rival attack in Sylhet
Two activists of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) sustained injuries in an attack by their rivals in Subidbazar area of Sylhet city on Saturday night.
The injured -- Moudud, and Nabid -- were taken to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital. Of them, the condition of Moudud is critical.
Quoting witnesses, Gousul Hossian, officer-in-charge of Kotowali Police Station, said that the duo was heading to Amborkhana road riding on a motorbike. When it approached in front of Eastern Thai Aluminum under Airport Police Station, some leaders of Sylhet city unit BCL attacked them around 9:30 pm, leaving them injured.
Contacted, Sylhet city unit BCL general secretary Abdul Halim Tusar declined the attack.
Tusar also claimed that the injured are not BCL men; they are muggers. There are many allegations against them with different police stations.
Airport Police Station OC Mosharraf Hossian said a motorcycle was found abandoned in airport thana area.