- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
2 BCL men hurt in rival attack in Sylhet
Two activists of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) sustained injuries in an attack by their rivals in Subidbazar area of Sylhet city on Saturday night.
The injured -- Moudud, and Nabid -- were taken to Sylhet Osmani Medical College Hospital. Of them, the condition of Moudud is critical.
Quoting witnesses, Gousul Hossian, officer-in-charge of Kotowali Police Station, said that the duo was heading to Amborkhana road riding on a motorbike. When it approached in front of Eastern Thai Aluminum under Airport Police Station, some leaders of Sylhet city unit BCL attacked them around 9:30 pm, leaving them injured.
Contacted, Sylhet city unit BCL general secretary Abdul Halim Tusar declined the attack.
Tusar also claimed that the injured are not BCL men; they are muggers. There are many allegations against them with different police stations.
Airport Police Station OC Mosharraf Hossian said a motorcycle was found abandoned in airport thana area.