- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
National Women’s Chess: 32 players register wins
Thirty-two players earned full points winning their opening matches of the Walton 37th National Women’s Chess Championship that began on Sunday at the hall room of Bangladesh Chess Federation here.
In first round matches, WIM Liza beat Wadifa Ahmed, WFM Tanima defeated Shanjida Shakib, WFM Bably outplayed Urbana Chowdhury, WIM Rani Hamid trounced Nazma Akter, WFM Shirin crushed Srabonti Akter Jerin, WFM Eva won over Sabrina Jahan Shejoti, Dilara Jahan Nupur overcame Mona Shammi Akter, Jahanara Haque beat Rabeya Akter, Protiva Talukder defeated Jannatul Ferdous Lamia, Farjana Hossain beat Kazi Kamrun Nahar, Kiswara Shajrin Evana outplayed Aysha Siddika, Afrin Jahan Munia defeated Feroza Begum, Tanzina Akter Tani beat Kazi Apurba and Noshin Anjum beat Maksuda Begum while WFM Zakia got walkover against Shreeyoshi Banik.
Earlier, Operative Director of meet sponsor Walton Group FM Iqbal Bin Anwar inaugurated the event as the chief guest at the function chaired by Vice-president of Bangladesh Chess Federation and Chairman of Tournament Committee KM Shahidullah.
A total of 67 players from Dhaka and other 21 districts are taking part in the 9-round Swiss-League system competition.