- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Women’s Chess: 14 players share top slot
Fourteen players were sharing the top slot in the Walton 37th National Women’s Chess Championship securing full two points after 2nd round matches held at hall room of Bangladesh Chess Federation here on Monday.
The leaders are: WIM Shamima Akter Liza, holders WFM Nazrana Khan Eva, WFM Tanima Parveen, last time runner-up WFM Sharmin Sultana Shirin, WFM Zakia Sultana, Dilara Jahan Nupur, Hamida Khan, Jahanara Haque Runu, Umme Taslima Protiva Talukder, Farjana Hossain Annie, Kazi Zarin Tasnim, Afrin Jahan Munia, Tanzina Akter Tani and Noshin Anjum.
In the 2nd round games, Walijah Ahmed drew with WIM Rani Hamid, Jhorna Begum drew with WFM Afroza Khanam Bably, WIM Liza beat Jannatiul Ferdous, WFM Tanima beat Zahuratul Zannat Zisha, WFM Shirin beat Syeda Fahmida Malek, WFM Eva beat Sumaiya Khondoker, WFM Zakia beat Thakur Zania Haque, Nupur beat Marufa Azad Sukanna, Hamida beat Nusrat Jahan Alo, Runu beat Israt Jahan Diba, Protiva beat Sadia Afrin Samia, Annie beat Ayaana Chowdhury, Zarin beat Kiswara Shajrin Evana, Munia beat Ferdousi Ajmira, Tani beat Rumaysa Haider and Noshin beat Nusrat Jahan L/iza.
The 3rd round matcheswill be held on Tuesday from 2:00 pm at the same venue.