- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
Women’s Chess: 14 players share top slot
Fourteen players were sharing the top slot in the Walton 37th National Women’s Chess Championship securing full two points after 2nd round matches held at hall room of Bangladesh Chess Federation here on Monday.
The leaders are: WIM Shamima Akter Liza, holders WFM Nazrana Khan Eva, WFM Tanima Parveen, last time runner-up WFM Sharmin Sultana Shirin, WFM Zakia Sultana, Dilara Jahan Nupur, Hamida Khan, Jahanara Haque Runu, Umme Taslima Protiva Talukder, Farjana Hossain Annie, Kazi Zarin Tasnim, Afrin Jahan Munia, Tanzina Akter Tani and Noshin Anjum.
In the 2nd round games, Walijah Ahmed drew with WIM Rani Hamid, Jhorna Begum drew with WFM Afroza Khanam Bably, WIM Liza beat Jannatiul Ferdous, WFM Tanima beat Zahuratul Zannat Zisha, WFM Shirin beat Syeda Fahmida Malek, WFM Eva beat Sumaiya Khondoker, WFM Zakia beat Thakur Zania Haque, Nupur beat Marufa Azad Sukanna, Hamida beat Nusrat Jahan Alo, Runu beat Israt Jahan Diba, Protiva beat Sadia Afrin Samia, Annie beat Ayaana Chowdhury, Zarin beat Kiswara Shajrin Evana, Munia beat Ferdousi Ajmira, Tani beat Rumaysa Haider and Noshin beat Nusrat Jahan L/iza.
The 3rd round matcheswill be held on Tuesday from 2:00 pm at the same venue.