- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
Local MP Shamim Osman on Monday said the politically-conscious people of the country would not tolerate the unwanted bizarre statement from the ‘Pakistan-lover’ who nevertheless took his salary from the state Treasury – a clear reference to Chief Justice S.K. Sinha, although he was careful not to name him.
The court had no power to control the political character of Bangladesh, Osman asserted.
He also said the example of “failed state Pakistan” is impractical in Bangladesh.
“Bangladesh is not Pakistan. The Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina is not Nawaz Sharif! She is the daughter of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman,” railed Osman, a two-time Awami League MP.
He came up with the remarks speaking as chief guest at a mourning rally in Siddhirganj, held to remember the victims of the gruesome grenade attack on August 21, 2004 on Bangabandhu Avenue.
Bangladesh Awami League, Siddhirganj unit of organized the remembering progrmme.
He said the patriotic Bangladesh Army and law enforcers are not the ‘army of Pakistan’ nor ‘law-enforcers of Pakistan’.
“The people of Bangladesh are the owners of the state according to the constitution of Bangladesh,” he added.
Osman also warned any conspirators that “the activists of Sheikh Hasina are fearlessly guarding the streets”. He said they along with their leaders have what it takes to tackle any type of conspiracy against the country.
Riaz Uddin Renu, president of the Siddhirganj unit AL presided over the programme. former president of Bangladesh Sramik League Abul Motin Master, and Easin Miah, general secretary of a Naranyanganj AL unit, were also present at the programme.