- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday gave financial assistance of Tk 30 lakh to the families of six victims of BNP-Jamaat arson attacks.
She handed over the cheques to the family members of the six victims who were either killed or injured in arson attacks carried out by the BNP-Jamaat nexus.
Prime Minister's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim said the Prime Minister distributed the cheques among the recipients at her Tejgaon office in the morning.
The recipients are Mosammat Shamsun Nahar, wife of Md Shamsul Haque of Comilla Sadar Dakkhin, Comilla; Farida Begum, wife of late Md Yusuf of Chakaria, Cox's Bazar; Salma Begum, wife of late Mohammad Syed Ahmed of Chakaria, Cox's Bazar; Sumi Aktar, wife of late Rashedul Islam of Chakaria, Cox's Bazar; Abdullah Al Yusuf Rafi, father of late Md Rashedul Islam of Chakaria, Cox's Bazar; and Abdullah Al Suaim Rahat, father of late Md Rashedul Islam of Chakaria, Cox's Bazar.