- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday gave financial assistance of Tk 30 lakh to the families of six victims of BNP-Jamaat arson attacks.
She handed over the cheques to the family members of the six victims who were either killed or injured in arson attacks carried out by the BNP-Jamaat nexus.
Prime Minister's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim said the Prime Minister distributed the cheques among the recipients at her Tejgaon office in the morning.
The recipients are Mosammat Shamsun Nahar, wife of Md Shamsul Haque of Comilla Sadar Dakkhin, Comilla; Farida Begum, wife of late Md Yusuf of Chakaria, Cox's Bazar; Salma Begum, wife of late Mohammad Syed Ahmed of Chakaria, Cox's Bazar; Sumi Aktar, wife of late Rashedul Islam of Chakaria, Cox's Bazar; Abdullah Al Yusuf Rafi, father of late Md Rashedul Islam of Chakaria, Cox's Bazar; and Abdullah Al Suaim Rahat, father of late Md Rashedul Islam of Chakaria, Cox's Bazar.