- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
SAFF U15 Champs: BD lost to Nepal 2-4 in semis
Bangladesh wrapped up their journey in six-nation South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Under-15 Championship with a 2-4 defeat in the semifinal against Nepal at the ANFA Complex in Nepalese capital Kathmandu on Friday.
Akash Budha Magar scored the first goal for the host Nepal in the 5th minute after receiving a low cross from the left flank from Randip Paudel to take an early lead, 1-0.
Magar hit the net again in the 25th minute, doubling the lead 2-0.
Bangladesh conceded a same side goal in 64th minute while defender Nazmul Biswas tried to clear a cross of Karlos Bakariya from right flank, 3-0.
Faysal Ahmed Fahim reduced the lead for Bangladesh scoring in the 72nd minute utilising a free kick opportunity from the right edge of the box, 3-1.
Just a minute later, Fahim scored again to make the scorecard 2-3 tapping the ball in from goalmouth deceiving Nepalese defenders.
However, Brijesh Chaudhory scored one goal for the host side in the stopgape time after 90 minutes to extend the winning margin, 4-2.
In the second semifinal, India defeated Bhutan 3-0 goals to ensure the ticket of the final.
Nepal and India will face each other in the final of the South Asian Junior soccer meet which will begin at 3:30 pm (Bangladesh time) at ANFA Complex on Sunday while Bangladesh will face Bhutan in the 3rd place deciding match, beginning at 2:30 pm at Halchowk Stadium on the same day.