- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
SAFF U15 Champs: BD lost to Nepal 2-4 in semis
Bangladesh wrapped up their journey in six-nation South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Under-15 Championship with a 2-4 defeat in the semifinal against Nepal at the ANFA Complex in Nepalese capital Kathmandu on Friday.
Akash Budha Magar scored the first goal for the host Nepal in the 5th minute after receiving a low cross from the left flank from Randip Paudel to take an early lead, 1-0.
Magar hit the net again in the 25th minute, doubling the lead 2-0.
Bangladesh conceded a same side goal in 64th minute while defender Nazmul Biswas tried to clear a cross of Karlos Bakariya from right flank, 3-0.
Faysal Ahmed Fahim reduced the lead for Bangladesh scoring in the 72nd minute utilising a free kick opportunity from the right edge of the box, 3-1.
Just a minute later, Fahim scored again to make the scorecard 2-3 tapping the ball in from goalmouth deceiving Nepalese defenders.
However, Brijesh Chaudhory scored one goal for the host side in the stopgape time after 90 minutes to extend the winning margin, 4-2.
In the second semifinal, India defeated Bhutan 3-0 goals to ensure the ticket of the final.
Nepal and India will face each other in the final of the South Asian Junior soccer meet which will begin at 3:30 pm (Bangladesh time) at ANFA Complex on Sunday while Bangladesh will face Bhutan in the 3rd place deciding match, beginning at 2:30 pm at Halchowk Stadium on the same day.