- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
DU students start getting smart ID cards
Dhaka University (DU) authorities on Monday started distributing smart identity cards among the university students for the first time.
DU Vice Chancellor Prof Dr Arefin Siddique inaugurated the process of giving smart ID card to students at a function held at the Nawab Nabab Ali Chowdhury Senate Bhaban of the university.
The process began with handing over smart ID to some students of 2015-16 academic session of DU. Among other, DU pro VC (Education) Prof Nasreen Ahmad, Pro VC (administration) Prof Md Akhtaruzzaman, and Treasurer Prof Kamal Uddin were present on the occasion.
In his speech, DU VC Arefin Siddique said, “This initiative would help the university turn into a Digital University in the country.”
“Students urged not to give the smart ID card to another one for security concerned adding that if the ID card lost a student must inform the university authority and file a GD with nearest police station,” he added.
Besides a student’s personal details the smart card has been decorated with students’ information including student’s name, register number, ID code, picture, department name and hall name.
As some of the students were given smart ID, so rest of the students of session 2015-16 will collect their smart ID card from his or her respective department and hall office.