- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
DSEX crosses 5,000-mark in early hours
Both the bourses -- Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) and Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) -- witnessed upward trends in early hours on Wednesday as enthusiastic investors remain active.
DSEX, the benchmark index of the DSE, went up by 5.56 points while the Selective Category Index of port city bourse CSCX rose over 6.79 points within first two hours of trading.
After two hours of trading, DSEX went up by 5.56 points or 0.09 percent to stand at 5,954.07 at 12:55 pm.
The DSE Shariah Index (DSES) rose 2.39 points or 0.18 percent to reach at 1,318.10.
But the other index saw downward trend till then. The DS30 index, comprising blue chips declined 1.52 points or 0.07 percent to stand at 2,123.37.