- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
DSEX crosses 5,000-mark in early hours
Both the bourses -- Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) and Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) -- witnessed upward trends in early hours on Wednesday as enthusiastic investors remain active.
DSEX, the benchmark index of the DSE, went up by 5.56 points while the Selective Category Index of port city bourse CSCX rose over 6.79 points within first two hours of trading.
After two hours of trading, DSEX went up by 5.56 points or 0.09 percent to stand at 5,954.07 at 12:55 pm.
The DSE Shariah Index (DSES) rose 2.39 points or 0.18 percent to reach at 1,318.10.
But the other index saw downward trend till then. The DS30 index, comprising blue chips declined 1.52 points or 0.07 percent to stand at 2,123.37.