- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
DSEX crosses 5,000-mark in early hours
Both the bourses -- Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) and Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) -- witnessed upward trends in early hours on Wednesday as enthusiastic investors remain active.
DSEX, the benchmark index of the DSE, went up by 5.56 points while the Selective Category Index of port city bourse CSCX rose over 6.79 points within first two hours of trading.
After two hours of trading, DSEX went up by 5.56 points or 0.09 percent to stand at 5,954.07 at 12:55 pm.
The DSE Shariah Index (DSES) rose 2.39 points or 0.18 percent to reach at 1,318.10.
But the other index saw downward trend till then. The DS30 index, comprising blue chips declined 1.52 points or 0.07 percent to stand at 2,123.37.