- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
Fakhrul trashes Quader’s supportive-govt explanation
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir on Monday said Awami League general secretary Obaidul Quader’s explanation of the election-time supportive government is incorrect.
“I think the explanation he (Quader) gave about the supportive government is not the right one. By supportive government, we mean a completely neutral interim election-time government. AL’s thinking is not similar to ours,” he said.
The BNP Leader came up with the remark while talking to reporters after visiting ailing Krishak-Sramik Janata League leader Bangabir Kader Siddiqui at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University.
Fakhrul said their party has long been calling upon the government to engage in talks to determine the framework of the election-time supportive government to ensure a credible election with the participation of all political parties.
Earlier, Obaidul Quader at a programme in Noakhali on Sunday said the next election will be held under a supportive government led by Sheikh Hasina as the country will be run according to the constitution.