- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Fakhrul trashes Quader’s supportive-govt explanation
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir on Monday said Awami League general secretary Obaidul Quader’s explanation of the election-time supportive government is incorrect.
“I think the explanation he (Quader) gave about the supportive government is not the right one. By supportive government, we mean a completely neutral interim election-time government. AL’s thinking is not similar to ours,” he said.
The BNP Leader came up with the remark while talking to reporters after visiting ailing Krishak-Sramik Janata League leader Bangabir Kader Siddiqui at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University.
Fakhrul said their party has long been calling upon the government to engage in talks to determine the framework of the election-time supportive government to ensure a credible election with the participation of all political parties.
Earlier, Obaidul Quader at a programme in Noakhali on Sunday said the next election will be held under a supportive government led by Sheikh Hasina as the country will be run according to the constitution.