- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
Khaleda to return home next week: Fakhrul
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia will return home next week completing her treatment in London, party secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir announced on Tuesday.
“She (Khaleda) sometimes falls sick due to her arthritis. She is now receiving treatment for it. We hope her treatment will be completed by next week and then she will return home,” Fakhrul disclosed this while talking to reporters at his Uttara residence in the city.
The BNP secretary general said he talked to Khaleda Zia on Monday and she told him that she is trying to return home as soon as possible.
Khaleda on July 15 went to London for receiving medical treatment and spending time with her family members there.
The BNP chief on August 8 underwent a successful eye surgery at a hospital in London. She also celebrated Eid-ul Azha with her family members there.