- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Khaleda to return home next week: Fakhrul
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia will return home next week completing her treatment in London, party secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir announced on Tuesday.
“She (Khaleda) sometimes falls sick due to her arthritis. She is now receiving treatment for it. We hope her treatment will be completed by next week and then she will return home,” Fakhrul disclosed this while talking to reporters at his Uttara residence in the city.
The BNP secretary general said he talked to Khaleda Zia on Monday and she told him that she is trying to return home as soon as possible.
Khaleda on July 15 went to London for receiving medical treatment and spending time with her family members there.
The BNP chief on August 8 underwent a successful eye surgery at a hospital in London. She also celebrated Eid-ul Azha with her family members there.