- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
Rohingya crisis: BNP to form human chain Friday
BNP will stage human chain programme for an hour on Friday across the country, including the capital, demanding the government give shelter to Myanmar’s Rohingya people fleeing persecution there.
BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi announced it at a party programme in Nawabganj upazila here on Wednesday.
He said human chain programme will be observed from 10am to 11am on Friday.
“Thousands of Rohingya people, who have been subjected to repression by Myanmar’s security forces, have taken position on the bank of the Naf River to enter Bangladesh. I, on behalf of BNP, announce the human chain programme protesting the repression on them and demanding the government give shelter to the helpless fleeing Rohingya people,” he said.
Rohingya people are now frantically trying to enter Bangladesh in the face of crackdown by Myanmar’s security forces following a recent militant attack that killed at least 89 people.
Many of them have already entered the country through different border points.