- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Rohingya crisis: BNP to form human chain Friday
BNP will stage human chain programme for an hour on Friday across the country, including the capital, demanding the government give shelter to Myanmar’s Rohingya people fleeing persecution there.
BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi announced it at a party programme in Nawabganj upazila here on Wednesday.
He said human chain programme will be observed from 10am to 11am on Friday.
“Thousands of Rohingya people, who have been subjected to repression by Myanmar’s security forces, have taken position on the bank of the Naf River to enter Bangladesh. I, on behalf of BNP, announce the human chain programme protesting the repression on them and demanding the government give shelter to the helpless fleeing Rohingya people,” he said.
Rohingya people are now frantically trying to enter Bangladesh in the face of crackdown by Myanmar’s security forces following a recent militant attack that killed at least 89 people.
Many of them have already entered the country through different border points.