- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Rajshahi woman badly burnt in petrol attack
A 40-year-old woman is fighting for life at Rajshahi Medical College Hospital after her ‘friend’ allegedly poured petrol and set her on fire for objecting extramarital affairs with her husband.
Witnesses said a woman on Thursday night allegedly threw petrol and set Rekha Begum, wife of Kamrul Islam, on fire at 7:30 pm in Dorgapara area in Rajshahi city while she was walking along the bank of the Padma River.
Immediately after the incident, the victim jumped off the river to save herself. Later, locals rescued her and sent to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital where she was wailing with 80 percent burns.
The incident took place after Rekha reportedly objected her husband’s extramarital relationship with her friend Ferdousi Khatun, said Nowshad Ali, brother of the victim.