- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Rajshahi woman badly burnt in petrol attack
A 40-year-old woman is fighting for life at Rajshahi Medical College Hospital after her ‘friend’ allegedly poured petrol and set her on fire for objecting extramarital affairs with her husband.
Witnesses said a woman on Thursday night allegedly threw petrol and set Rekha Begum, wife of Kamrul Islam, on fire at 7:30 pm in Dorgapara area in Rajshahi city while she was walking along the bank of the Padma River.
Immediately after the incident, the victim jumped off the river to save herself. Later, locals rescued her and sent to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital where she was wailing with 80 percent burns.
The incident took place after Rekha reportedly objected her husband’s extramarital relationship with her friend Ferdousi Khatun, said Nowshad Ali, brother of the victim.