- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
400 sued over AL factional clash in Kushtia
A case has been filed against 400 people of Bakhoil village in Sadar upazila in connection with a factional clash of Awami League over establishing supremacy that left two people dead and 20 injured.
Komlesh Das, sub-inspector of Islamic University (IU) Police Station, filed the case on Friday against 100 named people and 300 unidentified people for obstructing police while performing their duties and assaulting them, said Ratan Sheikh, officer-in-charge of the police station.
Meanwhile, police arrested 30 people, including Jhaudia union parishad chairman Keramat Ali, in this connection.
Billal Hossain, 30, son of Majibar Rahman and Enamul Haque, 32, son of Kalim Uddin, residents of the village and also AL supporters, were killed in the clash between the supporters of Jhaudia union parishad chairman Keramat Ali and ex-UP chairman Bokhtiar Rahman on Wednesday over establishing supremacy.