- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
400 sued over AL factional clash in Kushtia
A case has been filed against 400 people of Bakhoil village in Sadar upazila in connection with a factional clash of Awami League over establishing supremacy that left two people dead and 20 injured.
Komlesh Das, sub-inspector of Islamic University (IU) Police Station, filed the case on Friday against 100 named people and 300 unidentified people for obstructing police while performing their duties and assaulting them, said Ratan Sheikh, officer-in-charge of the police station.
Meanwhile, police arrested 30 people, including Jhaudia union parishad chairman Keramat Ali, in this connection.
Billal Hossain, 30, son of Majibar Rahman and Enamul Haque, 32, son of Kalim Uddin, residents of the village and also AL supporters, were killed in the clash between the supporters of Jhaudia union parishad chairman Keramat Ali and ex-UP chairman Bokhtiar Rahman on Wednesday over establishing supremacy.