- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Teacher suspended over harassing student in Rajshahi
A college teacher of Rajshahi Education Board Model School and College has been suspended over harassing an indigenous female student sexually.
The suspended teacher was Ajit Kumar Sarker, computer trainer of the college.
The decision was taken in 34th meeting of the governing body of the college as the probe committee primarily found Ajit guilty and a letter in this regard was sent to him on Thursday, said Md Taifur Rahman, principle of the college.
Earlier, on July 29, the teacher allegedly harassed the student calling her to his residence, making a promise that he will give her financial support.
The following day, the student’s husband filed complaints to the authorities of the college and Rajshahi Education Board.
A five-member probe committee was formed to investigate into the incident.