- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Teacher suspended over harassing student in Rajshahi
A college teacher of Rajshahi Education Board Model School and College has been suspended over harassing an indigenous female student sexually.
The suspended teacher was Ajit Kumar Sarker, computer trainer of the college.
The decision was taken in 34th meeting of the governing body of the college as the probe committee primarily found Ajit guilty and a letter in this regard was sent to him on Thursday, said Md Taifur Rahman, principle of the college.
Earlier, on July 29, the teacher allegedly harassed the student calling her to his residence, making a promise that he will give her financial support.
The following day, the student’s husband filed complaints to the authorities of the college and Rajshahi Education Board.
A five-member probe committee was formed to investigate into the incident.