- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Youth tortured dead by BSF in Lalmonirhat
A Bangladeshi national was tortured to death by members of Indian Border Security Force (BSF) in Srirampur border area of Patgram upazila early Saturday.
The deceased was identified as Sohel Miah, 28, son of Mohsin Ali, a resident of Islampur village of the upazila.
Sources of Border Guard Bangladesh said that BSF members caught him from the border and tortured him to death early in the morning.
Locals spotted his body, bearing several injury marks, around 6:00 am.