- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Youth tortured dead by BSF in Lalmonirhat
A Bangladeshi national was tortured to death by members of Indian Border Security Force (BSF) in Srirampur border area of Patgram upazila early Saturday.
The deceased was identified as Sohel Miah, 28, son of Mohsin Ali, a resident of Islampur village of the upazila.
Sources of Border Guard Bangladesh said that BSF members caught him from the border and tortured him to death early in the morning.
Locals spotted his body, bearing several injury marks, around 6:00 am.