- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Bus-truck collision kills 6 in Gopalganj
Six people, including two women, were killed and 25 others injured in a head-on collision between a bus and a truck on Dhaka-Khulna highway in Borashur area of Kashiani upazila early Saturday.
Jakaria Hossain, officer-in-charge (investigation) of Kashiani Police Station, said that the accident occurred when the Pirojpur-bound bus of Seba Green Line collided with Dhaka-bound cement-laden truck on the highway around 5:30 am, leaving six people dead on the spot and 25 others injured.
Three of the injured were in a critical condition and they were sent to Faridpur Medical College and Hospital, added the OC.
However, the details about the deceased could not be known immediately.