- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Bus-truck collision kills 6 in Gopalganj
Six people, including two women, were killed and 25 others injured in a head-on collision between a bus and a truck on Dhaka-Khulna highway in Borashur area of Kashiani upazila early Saturday.
Jakaria Hossain, officer-in-charge (investigation) of Kashiani Police Station, said that the accident occurred when the Pirojpur-bound bus of Seba Green Line collided with Dhaka-bound cement-laden truck on the highway around 5:30 am, leaving six people dead on the spot and 25 others injured.
Three of the injured were in a critical condition and they were sent to Faridpur Medical College and Hospital, added the OC.
However, the details about the deceased could not be known immediately.