- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Govt resorting to ‘evil design’ to hide Rohingya issue: BNP
BNP senior leader Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain on Saturday alleged that the government is resorting to ‘evil designs’ to hush up the Rohingya issue.
“The comments of the ruling party general secretary (over Rohingya issue) are very unfortunate. The entire world is witnessing how the Myanmar government has been carrying out state-sponsored terrorism to eliminate Rohingyas. We only reflected the views of the county’s people yesterday (Friday) through forming the human chain. There’s no question of any dirty politics in it,” he said.
Talking to reporters on the premises of BNP founder Ziaur Rahman’s grave, the BNP leader further said, “Rather, the government is resorting to various evil tactics like Myanmar regime to cover up the Rohingya issue which people’s don’t like at all.”
Earlier, leaders and activists of Jatiyatabadi Mohila Dal paid homage to Zia by placing wreaths, led by Mosharraf, at his grave, marking the BNP’s women wing’s 39th founding anniversary.
Mosharraf, a BNP standing committee member, said the government is not presenting the true scenario of the Rohingya crisis before people.