- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
EC dialogue with 2 Islamist parties Sunday
The Election Commission will sit in separate talks with two Islamist parties --Bangladesh Islami Front and Islami Andolan Bangladesh— on Sunday as part of its ongoing dialogues with registered political parties.
“The talks with Bangladesh Islami Front will start at 11am, while that with Islami Andolan Bangladesh at 3pm,” said EC additional secretary Mukhlesur Rahman on Saturday.
The two separate meetings will be held at Nirbachan Bhaban in the city, with Chief Election Commissioner KM Nurul Huda in the chair, he told UNB.
The Commission initiated its dialogue with 40 registered political parties on August 24 to take their opinions over its preparation for the next national election.
It has so far held dialogues with five political parties.