- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
EC dialogue with 2 Islamist parties Sunday
The Election Commission will sit in separate talks with two Islamist parties --Bangladesh Islami Front and Islami Andolan Bangladesh— on Sunday as part of its ongoing dialogues with registered political parties.
“The talks with Bangladesh Islami Front will start at 11am, while that with Islami Andolan Bangladesh at 3pm,” said EC additional secretary Mukhlesur Rahman on Saturday.
The two separate meetings will be held at Nirbachan Bhaban in the city, with Chief Election Commissioner KM Nurul Huda in the chair, he told UNB.
The Commission initiated its dialogue with 40 registered political parties on August 24 to take their opinions over its preparation for the next national election.
It has so far held dialogues with five political parties.