- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
President off to Kazakhstan
President Abdul Hamid left here on Saturday for Kazakhstan to attend the First Summit of OIC on Science and Technology to be held in Astana on September 10-11.
A VVIP flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying the President and his entourage took off from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 2:45 pm.
Agriculture Minister Matia Chowdhury, Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed, Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, Cabinet Secretary Mohammad Shafiul Alam, Senior Secretary to the Prime Minister’s office Suriya Begum, and high civil and military officials saw him off at the airport.
The delegation led by the President to the summit includes the officials from the Office of the President, Foreign Affairs and Science and Technology ministries.
The summit is expected to discuss and adopt the OIC Ten Year Action Plan on Science and Technology ‘OIC STI Agenda 2026’.