- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
President off to Kazakhstan
President Abdul Hamid left here on Saturday for Kazakhstan to attend the First Summit of OIC on Science and Technology to be held in Astana on September 10-11.
A VVIP flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying the President and his entourage took off from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport at 2:45 pm.
Agriculture Minister Matia Chowdhury, Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed, Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, Cabinet Secretary Mohammad Shafiul Alam, Senior Secretary to the Prime Minister’s office Suriya Begum, and high civil and military officials saw him off at the airport.
The delegation led by the President to the summit includes the officials from the Office of the President, Foreign Affairs and Science and Technology ministries.
The summit is expected to discuss and adopt the OIC Ten Year Action Plan on Science and Technology ‘OIC STI Agenda 2026’.