- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Hizb-ut-Tahrir man held in city
Members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in a drive arrested an activist of the banned Islamic outfit Hizb-ut-Tahrir from the city’s Mohammadpur area on Friday afternoon.
Rabiul Islam, operation officer of Rab-2, said a team of Rab conducted the drive after Jumu'ah prayers and arrested Mahmudul Hasan Robin, 25, from in front of Baitus Salam Jame Mosque in Iqbal road area.
Later, a case was filed with Mohammadpur Police Station.