- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Habiganj boat capsize: Death toll reaches 5
The death toll from boat capsize in Khwai River at Lambabagh in the district rose to five as the floating body of another passenger was recovered on Saturday.
The locals spotted the body in the river near to the spot where the boat capsized and informed local administration in the early hours of the day, Azharul Islam, Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) of Habiganj Sadar told UNB.
Later, the floating body of Ainul Haque, 50, hailing from Shahapur village in Baniyachang upazila, was recovered.
Some others are still remained missing, locals claimed.
Earlier on Thursday night, a cement-laden trawler carrying passengers, which was going to Radhapur of the Sadar from Chowdhury Bazar, suddenly capsized at Lambabagh of Khwai River in the district, leaving three women and a child dead and five others injured.