- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Habiganj boat capsize: Death toll reaches 5
The death toll from boat capsize in Khwai River at Lambabagh in the district rose to five as the floating body of another passenger was recovered on Saturday.
The locals spotted the body in the river near to the spot where the boat capsized and informed local administration in the early hours of the day, Azharul Islam, Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) of Habiganj Sadar told UNB.
Later, the floating body of Ainul Haque, 50, hailing from Shahapur village in Baniyachang upazila, was recovered.
Some others are still remained missing, locals claimed.
Earlier on Thursday night, a cement-laden trawler carrying passengers, which was going to Radhapur of the Sadar from Chowdhury Bazar, suddenly capsized at Lambabagh of Khwai River in the district, leaving three women and a child dead and five others injured.