- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
‘Rohingya Cell’ formed to monitor overall situation
Amid the influx of Myanmar nationals, the government has formed a ‘Rohingya Cell’ at the Home Ministry’s Public Security Division to extensively monitor the overall situation and the law and order in the bordering areas of Bandarban and Cox’s Bazar districts.
The cell has been formed with Additional Secretary (Political) of the ministry Md Samsur Rahman as the principal coordinator while Joint Secretary Md Shafiqur Rahman (Political-2) as coordinator.
Deputy Secretary (Political -1) Abu Hena Mostofa Kamal will act as focal point while Deputy Secretary Muhammad Faruk-Uz Zaman (Political-2) as 1st alternative officer and Deputy Secretary (Border-3) Monir Hossain Chowdhury as 2nd alternative officer of the cell.