- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
‘Rohingya Cell’ formed to monitor overall situation
Amid the influx of Myanmar nationals, the government has formed a ‘Rohingya Cell’ at the Home Ministry’s Public Security Division to extensively monitor the overall situation and the law and order in the bordering areas of Bandarban and Cox’s Bazar districts.
The cell has been formed with Additional Secretary (Political) of the ministry Md Samsur Rahman as the principal coordinator while Joint Secretary Md Shafiqur Rahman (Political-2) as coordinator.
Deputy Secretary (Political -1) Abu Hena Mostofa Kamal will act as focal point while Deputy Secretary Muhammad Faruk-Uz Zaman (Political-2) as 1st alternative officer and Deputy Secretary (Border-3) Monir Hossain Chowdhury as 2nd alternative officer of the cell.