- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
‘Rohingya Cell’ formed to monitor overall situation
Amid the influx of Myanmar nationals, the government has formed a ‘Rohingya Cell’ at the Home Ministry’s Public Security Division to extensively monitor the overall situation and the law and order in the bordering areas of Bandarban and Cox’s Bazar districts.
The cell has been formed with Additional Secretary (Political) of the ministry Md Samsur Rahman as the principal coordinator while Joint Secretary Md Shafiqur Rahman (Political-2) as coordinator.
Deputy Secretary (Political -1) Abu Hena Mostofa Kamal will act as focal point while Deputy Secretary Muhammad Faruk-Uz Zaman (Political-2) as 1st alternative officer and Deputy Secretary (Border-3) Monir Hossain Chowdhury as 2nd alternative officer of the cell.