- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Tk 58.77cr incentive announced for flood-hit farmers
The government on Sunday announced a Tk 58.77 crore incentive for the flood-affected farmers of 64 districts so that they could recoup the losses caused by the recent devastating floods.
Agriculture Minister Matia Chowdhury came up with the disclosure at a press conference at the secretariat in the morning.
Some 5,41,201 flood-hit farmers will get the incentive to buy seeds and fertilizer to cultivate wheat, maize, peanut, mustard, summertime sesame, masur (lentil), mug dal (pulses), BT Brinjal etc, said the minister.
“It’ll be possible to produce huge crops worth Tk 727.59 crore by providing the incentive,” Matia added.
Some 87,250 wheat cultivators, 1,40,150 maize cultivators, 2,09,900 custard cultivators, 7,200 peanut cultivators, 22,500 summertime sesame cultivators, 39,900 mug dal cultivators and 9,000 Masur (lentil) cultivators, 20,300 maskalai cultivators and 2001 BT brinjal cultivators will get the incentive.