- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
Tk 58.77cr incentive announced for flood-hit farmers
The government on Sunday announced a Tk 58.77 crore incentive for the flood-affected farmers of 64 districts so that they could recoup the losses caused by the recent devastating floods.
Agriculture Minister Matia Chowdhury came up with the disclosure at a press conference at the secretariat in the morning.
Some 5,41,201 flood-hit farmers will get the incentive to buy seeds and fertilizer to cultivate wheat, maize, peanut, mustard, summertime sesame, masur (lentil), mug dal (pulses), BT Brinjal etc, said the minister.
“It’ll be possible to produce huge crops worth Tk 727.59 crore by providing the incentive,” Matia added.
Some 87,250 wheat cultivators, 1,40,150 maize cultivators, 2,09,900 custard cultivators, 7,200 peanut cultivators, 22,500 summertime sesame cultivators, 39,900 mug dal cultivators and 9,000 Masur (lentil) cultivators, 20,300 maskalai cultivators and 2001 BT brinjal cultivators will get the incentive.