- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Help resolve Rohingya crisis, President to OIC, int’l community
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday renewed her call to the country’s people to exercise austerity in the use of electricity considering it as a national asset.
"It's my request to all to exercise austerity in using electricity …you please don't misuse it," she said.
The Prime Minister said this while inaugurating the Ashuganj 450MW combined cycle (north) power plant, Keraniganj 108MW power plant, import of 60 MW power from Tripura and cent percent electrification of 10 upazilas of the country through a videoconference from her official residence Ganobhaban.
She also made a special request to all to switch off power connections before leaving their workplaces and homes to exercise austerity alongside keeping the electricity bills at a desired level.