- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Help resolve Rohingya crisis, President to OIC, int’l community
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday renewed her call to the country’s people to exercise austerity in the use of electricity considering it as a national asset.
"It's my request to all to exercise austerity in using electricity …you please don't misuse it," she said.
The Prime Minister said this while inaugurating the Ashuganj 450MW combined cycle (north) power plant, Keraniganj 108MW power plant, import of 60 MW power from Tripura and cent percent electrification of 10 upazilas of the country through a videoconference from her official residence Ganobhaban.
She also made a special request to all to switch off power connections before leaving their workplaces and homes to exercise austerity alongside keeping the electricity bills at a desired level.