- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
Help resolve Rohingya crisis, President to OIC, int’l community
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday renewed her call to the country’s people to exercise austerity in the use of electricity considering it as a national asset.
"It's my request to all to exercise austerity in using electricity …you please don't misuse it," she said.
The Prime Minister said this while inaugurating the Ashuganj 450MW combined cycle (north) power plant, Keraniganj 108MW power plant, import of 60 MW power from Tripura and cent percent electrification of 10 upazilas of the country through a videoconference from her official residence Ganobhaban.
She also made a special request to all to switch off power connections before leaving their workplaces and homes to exercise austerity alongside keeping the electricity bills at a desired level.