- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
Rohingya crisis: BNP wants PM to visit countries like India, China
BNP on Sunday called upon Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to visit different countries, including India and China, and seek their support for resolving Rohingya crisis and repatriating the Myanmar citizens taken shelter in Bangladesh.
Speaking at a discussion, BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir also alleged that Myanmar is interfering in Bangladesh’s independence by forcing its citizens to enter the country.
“The government will have to make diplomatic efforts to repatriate Rohingyas quickly. Myanmar must be forced to stop evicting Rohingyas and take back its citizens from here,” he said.
The BNP leader further said, “The Prime Minister will have to visit different countries, especially India and China, if necessary as they’re supporting the Myanmar government. She’ll have to make them understand what consequences we’re facing due to the Rohingya eviction.”