- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Rohingya crisis: BNP wants PM to visit countries like India, China
BNP on Sunday called upon Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to visit different countries, including India and China, and seek their support for resolving Rohingya crisis and repatriating the Myanmar citizens taken shelter in Bangladesh.
Speaking at a discussion, BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir also alleged that Myanmar is interfering in Bangladesh’s independence by forcing its citizens to enter the country.
“The government will have to make diplomatic efforts to repatriate Rohingyas quickly. Myanmar must be forced to stop evicting Rohingyas and take back its citizens from here,” he said.
The BNP leader further said, “The Prime Minister will have to visit different countries, especially India and China, if necessary as they’re supporting the Myanmar government. She’ll have to make them understand what consequences we’re facing due to the Rohingya eviction.”