- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Rohingya crisis: BNP wants PM to visit countries like India, China
BNP on Sunday called upon Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to visit different countries, including India and China, and seek their support for resolving Rohingya crisis and repatriating the Myanmar citizens taken shelter in Bangladesh.
Speaking at a discussion, BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir also alleged that Myanmar is interfering in Bangladesh’s independence by forcing its citizens to enter the country.
“The government will have to make diplomatic efforts to repatriate Rohingyas quickly. Myanmar must be forced to stop evicting Rohingyas and take back its citizens from here,” he said.
The BNP leader further said, “The Prime Minister will have to visit different countries, especially India and China, if necessary as they’re supporting the Myanmar government. She’ll have to make them understand what consequences we’re facing due to the Rohingya eviction.”