- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
21 gold sheets seized at Shahjalal Airport
Customs officials at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport on Monday seized 21 gold sheets weighing of 2.228 kilograms and arrested a passenger in the connection.
The arrestee was identified as Zinnat Mahmud Shamim, 41, son of Abdul Khalek Bepari ,from Jauhojong of Munshiganj.
Based on secret information, a team of Dhaka Customs House officials challenged Shamim who came here around 12:45am by a flight coming from Kualalampur, said Customs Intelligence and Investigation Directorate (CIID) Moinul Khan.
The gold sheets were detected after scanning Shamim’s luggage, he added.