- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
21 gold sheets seized at Shahjalal Airport
Customs officials at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport on Monday seized 21 gold sheets weighing of 2.228 kilograms and arrested a passenger in the connection.
The arrestee was identified as Zinnat Mahmud Shamim, 41, son of Abdul Khalek Bepari ,from Jauhojong of Munshiganj.
Based on secret information, a team of Dhaka Customs House officials challenged Shamim who came here around 12:45am by a flight coming from Kualalampur, said Customs Intelligence and Investigation Directorate (CIID) Moinul Khan.
The gold sheets were detected after scanning Shamim’s luggage, he added.