- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
21 gold sheets seized at Shahjalal Airport
Customs officials at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport on Monday seized 21 gold sheets weighing of 2.228 kilograms and arrested a passenger in the connection.
The arrestee was identified as Zinnat Mahmud Shamim, 41, son of Abdul Khalek Bepari ,from Jauhojong of Munshiganj.
Based on secret information, a team of Dhaka Customs House officials challenged Shamim who came here around 12:45am by a flight coming from Kualalampur, said Customs Intelligence and Investigation Directorate (CIID) Moinul Khan.
The gold sheets were detected after scanning Shamim’s luggage, he added.