- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Rain cripples life in Dhaka
Heavy rains in the morning crippled the life in Dhaka as most of the roads of different parts of the capital went under ankle to knee-deep water, causing immense sufferings to the commuters and city dwellers.
The torrential rains lashed Dhaka leading to waterlogging in many parts of the busy populous city.
The Met Office recorded 66 millimeter rainfall in the last three hours starting from 6:00 am to 9:00 am on Monday, said Muhammad Arif Hossain, meteorologist of Bangladesh Meteorological Department.
During the time, it also recorded 37mm rainfall in Comilla while 9mm in Khunla, 5mm in Tarash of Sirajganj, 2mm in Chandpur.