- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
Rain cripples life in Dhaka
Heavy rains in the morning crippled the life in Dhaka as most of the roads of different parts of the capital went under ankle to knee-deep water, causing immense sufferings to the commuters and city dwellers.
The torrential rains lashed Dhaka leading to waterlogging in many parts of the busy populous city.
The Met Office recorded 66 millimeter rainfall in the last three hours starting from 6:00 am to 9:00 am on Monday, said Muhammad Arif Hossain, meteorologist of Bangladesh Meteorological Department.
During the time, it also recorded 37mm rainfall in Comilla while 9mm in Khunla, 5mm in Tarash of Sirajganj, 2mm in Chandpur.