- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Rain cripples life in Dhaka
Heavy rains in the morning crippled the life in Dhaka as most of the roads of different parts of the capital went under ankle to knee-deep water, causing immense sufferings to the commuters and city dwellers.
The torrential rains lashed Dhaka leading to waterlogging in many parts of the busy populous city.
The Met Office recorded 66 millimeter rainfall in the last three hours starting from 6:00 am to 9:00 am on Monday, said Muhammad Arif Hossain, meteorologist of Bangladesh Meteorological Department.
During the time, it also recorded 37mm rainfall in Comilla while 9mm in Khunla, 5mm in Tarash of Sirajganj, 2mm in Chandpur.