- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Rohingya crisis: BNP team goes to Cox’s Bazar Wednesday
A high-profile BNP delegation is going to Cox’s Bazar on Wednesday to provide humanitarian assistance to the Rohingyas taking shelter in Bangladesh amid persecution by Myanmar security forces.
BNP standing committee member Mirza Abbas will lead the eight-member delegation, party senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi told UNB on Sunday.
He said the BNP team will visit the Rohingya refugee camps in Cox’s Bazar and give the hapless Rohingyas medicines, food and other humanitarian aids.
The other members of the delegation include BNP standing committee members Nazrul Islam Khan, Dr Abdul Moyeen Khan and Amir Khasru Mahmud Chowdhury, vice chairmen Abdullah Al Noman, AZM Zahid and Shamsuzzaman Dudu and Ruhul Kabir Rizvi.