- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Rohingya crisis: BNP team goes to Cox’s Bazar Wednesday
A high-profile BNP delegation is going to Cox’s Bazar on Wednesday to provide humanitarian assistance to the Rohingyas taking shelter in Bangladesh amid persecution by Myanmar security forces.
BNP standing committee member Mirza Abbas will lead the eight-member delegation, party senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi told UNB on Sunday.
He said the BNP team will visit the Rohingya refugee camps in Cox’s Bazar and give the hapless Rohingyas medicines, food and other humanitarian aids.
The other members of the delegation include BNP standing committee members Nazrul Islam Khan, Dr Abdul Moyeen Khan and Amir Khasru Mahmud Chowdhury, vice chairmen Abdullah Al Noman, AZM Zahid and Shamsuzzaman Dudu and Ruhul Kabir Rizvi.