- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
Rohingya crisis: BNP team goes to Cox’s Bazar Wednesday
A high-profile BNP delegation is going to Cox’s Bazar on Wednesday to provide humanitarian assistance to the Rohingyas taking shelter in Bangladesh amid persecution by Myanmar security forces.
BNP standing committee member Mirza Abbas will lead the eight-member delegation, party senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi told UNB on Sunday.
He said the BNP team will visit the Rohingya refugee camps in Cox’s Bazar and give the hapless Rohingyas medicines, food and other humanitarian aids.
The other members of the delegation include BNP standing committee members Nazrul Islam Khan, Dr Abdul Moyeen Khan and Amir Khasru Mahmud Chowdhury, vice chairmen Abdullah Al Noman, AZM Zahid and Shamsuzzaman Dudu and Ruhul Kabir Rizvi.