- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
SC hearing on BGMEA time plea on Oct 5
The vacation bench of the Supreme Court Monday fixed October 5 for hearing the time petition over demolishing the 'BGMEA Complex' constructed at the city's Hatirjheel.
Chamber Judge of the Appellate Division Justice Hasan Foyez Siddique set the date after the time petition filed by BGMEA seeking one-year more time to shift its headquarters from Hatirjheel was placed before the court this morning.
The regular appellate division bench led by Chief Justice SK Sinha will hear the petition on that day.
Advocate Kamrul Islam Siddiqui and Barrister Imtiaj Moinul Islam moved for the petition while attorney general Mahbubey Alam represented the state.
On August 31, Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) had pleaded for one-year more time to shift its headquarters from Hatirjheel.