- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
SC hearing on BGMEA time plea on Oct 5
The vacation bench of the Supreme Court Monday fixed October 5 for hearing the time petition over demolishing the 'BGMEA Complex' constructed at the city's Hatirjheel.
Chamber Judge of the Appellate Division Justice Hasan Foyez Siddique set the date after the time petition filed by BGMEA seeking one-year more time to shift its headquarters from Hatirjheel was placed before the court this morning.
The regular appellate division bench led by Chief Justice SK Sinha will hear the petition on that day.
Advocate Kamrul Islam Siddiqui and Barrister Imtiaj Moinul Islam moved for the petition while attorney general Mahbubey Alam represented the state.
On August 31, Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) had pleaded for one-year more time to shift its headquarters from Hatirjheel.