- FSIBL’s 2-day workshop begins in Ctg
- Fundamental Analysis training at DSE from Oct 8
- ‘Silent famine’ stalks country, alleges BNP
- No gas in N’ganj for 8 hrs today
- DU ’Kha’ unit admission test results published
- 2 Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Horrific tale of a rescued Rohingya child
- Woman’s throat-slit body found in Kishoreganj, 4 held
- Insurgents killed 28 Hindu women and boys: Myanmar police
- Housewife strangulated to death in Laxmipur over dowry
SC hearing on BGMEA time plea on Oct 5
The vacation bench of the Supreme Court Monday fixed October 5 for hearing the time petition over demolishing the 'BGMEA Complex' constructed at the city's Hatirjheel.
Chamber Judge of the Appellate Division Justice Hasan Foyez Siddique set the date after the time petition filed by BGMEA seeking one-year more time to shift its headquarters from Hatirjheel was placed before the court this morning.
The regular appellate division bench led by Chief Justice SK Sinha will hear the petition on that day.
Advocate Kamrul Islam Siddiqui and Barrister Imtiaj Moinul Islam moved for the petition while attorney general Mahbubey Alam represented the state.
On August 31, Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) had pleaded for one-year more time to shift its headquarters from Hatirjheel.