- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
DSE, CSE open optimistic
The Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) and Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) witnessed upward trends in early trading Sunday as optimistic investors remain active.
After first one hour of trading, the key index of the country’s major bourse advanced 20.45 points while the Selective Category Index of port city bourse gained 47.83 points.
DSEX, the prime index of the DSE went up by 20 points or 0.33 percent to stand at 6, 135.44 at 11:43 am.
The two other indices also saw positive trend till then. The DS30 index, comprising blue chips also advanced 8.84 points or 0.40 percent to stand at 2,187.34.
The DSE Shariah Index (DSES) also gained 9.13 points or 0.67 percent to reach at 1,357.00.